Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Are You Free

Are You Free "Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered." Romans 4:7 This morning as I was doing my Bible study I was reminded of a story I heard years ago. There was a king who was taking a trip on a ship which was being rowed by many slaves chained to their rowing stations. One day he went down where they were and asked all of them this question, “Why are you in chains?” One replied, “I don’t know. I was in a crowd when a crime was committed. I am innocent.” He asked another who said, “I am not guilty, but am a victim of false witnesses.” The king proceeded to ask each man the same question and each had a reason why he was innocent. That is, until one man responded, “I am here because I deserve to be here. I have sinned against my God and against my king. And now I am paying the penalty.” The king stepped back and said, “What are you doing here among so many honest men? Guards, release him.” This story is so true as it is not until we admit our sin are we going to know the mercy and the forgiveness of our God. We can go through life depending upon our own strength and ability and think that we can do all things by ourselves. We can continue to live a sinful life, enjoying the selfish pleasures of wealth and all the material things of this world. We can overlook what the future holds for us and live in the here and now, and the comforts of this world. But what so many don't realize is that this life will one day come to an end, as we are not promised tomorrow. The choices you make during your time on earth will determine where you will spend your eternity, either in Heaven with God, or in Hell with Satan. The choice is yours and yours alone, as no one can make these for you. However we have a forgiving God, one that will forget all the sins you have committed. He can remove the chains and set you free. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven August 11

No comments:

Post a Comment