Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Jesus Calms The Storm

Jesus Calms The Storm “He replied, You of little faith, why are you so afraid? Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.” Matthew 8:26 As I was reading the above scripture it reminded me of my grandfather and an incident we had a long time ago when I was a small boy and we were fishing in the river near our house. We had a small boat which we used to travel up and down the river, but this one day we had paddled quite a distance from the normal place where we tied our boat on the river bank, when the skies started to darken and it started to thunder. My grandfather wanted to start back, but I didn't want to go, and he reluctantly agreed as he also wanted to keep on fishing. About 15 minutes later the wind started blowing harder and it began to thunder even louder. Our small boat was blown towards the middle of the river and it was impossible to paddle against the wind. A few minutes later we were several hundred yards down the river and had very little control over the boat. My grandfather however knew what to do and proceeded to begin paddling the boat with the wind at an angle instead of against it, and in a few moments we were at the bank, however several hundred yards down the river. I know I was pretty scared during this time and could imagine how the people who were with Jesus felt. But my grandfather knew what to do in this situation as did Jesus. God can control any situation we find ourselves in today, if we will have faith and trust in his guidance. He can calm any storm that we might find ourselves in and can protect us. So often we try to go against the wind, and also against the path Jesus wants us to follow. When we follow the will of God, obey His commands and make Him first in all we do, we should have nothing to fear, as God will lead us in the right paths, He will make our storms of life easier to bear, and will give us peace. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven August 23

No comments:

Post a Comment