Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Christopher T. Brock, Jr.

Christopher T. Brock, Jr. Three years ago I was sitting here anxiously waiting on a call from my youngest son who was at the hospital, as we are waiting the birth of our sixth grandchild Christopher Thomas Brock, Jr. Although I could not be there to experience the excitement of his birth, as we were keeping his big sister Emma Rose, but as the moments passed, I was praying and thanking God for letting me live to see this day. I know that my father felt these same emotions, over 70 years ago, as he was far away in the Philippine Islands during World War II, as I was being born. I can only imagine what was going through his mind during this time, knowing that he had no chance to see me, or experience the excitement that accompanies the birth of your first born child. My father never got to hold me in his arms, as he was killed two years later, and only got to see a picture of me. This is why I am thanking God for allowing me to be here tonight, and in a few hours get to see and hold in my arms, my dad's great grandson. I will cherish this moment as I have so cherished all these moments when my children were born, and all my grandchildren, and claimed all of those moments for my father. I will be holding this precious baby for my father, and in some way I believe he will know these are his moments also. I know my dad would have been so proud of my son, just as I am so proud of him, and to know the loving and kind hearted man he has become, and feel the pride in knowing that he has given his heart to God. What more could a great grandfather and father want, than to know that their children are now God's children. Someday I will get to see my dad, and my dad will also get to hold me and my son and now Christopher Thomas Brock, Jr. in his arms, and feel the same excitement and joy that I feel tonight. I thank God for this wonderful blessing of my new grandson, and long for the day that I will be reunited with my dad, and he can see what a wonderful family he had. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven August 17

No comments:

Post a Comment