Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Witnessing For God

Good Morning to all my friends. This is another day that God has given us, let us be glad and rejoice in it. My prayer for you is that God will bless each of you today and give you His peace and His comfort in all that you do. Today's Challenge---------------- Witnessing For God "Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good." Romans 12:9 In your daily walk are you a good influence on others or a bad influence? This is such an important question to ask yourself today, as I have found that most Christians have little or no influence for good upon others. In most workplaces the people that surround you do not even know that you are a Christian. Having spent 45 plus years in health care, it was rare to see someone profess their faith with their fellow employees. For most of my career, I was one of these Sunday Morning Christians, who went to church on Sunday, but the rest of the week kept my light covered, and no one knew about my God. I therefore missed countless opportunities to share my faith with my fellow employees, and be the positive influence on them that I should have been. Fortunately, God spoke to me before it was too late, and I became the influence that I should have been throughout my career. It is only by a life of obedience to the Holy Spirit that we are able to be a positive influence for others. Often times we must step out of our comfort zones, as there are many times throughout our busy days where we have opportunities to be a witness for God. This daily commitment to obey God's Great Commission requires us to be fully dedicated to Christ, and to be in constant fellowship with Him. We must constantly deny self, and always refuse to compromise in matters of honesty, integrity, and morality to be an effective witness for Christ. We can make a difference in our world when we follow this important scripture, "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Romans 12:2. Think about this today, is the world changing you...or are you changing the world? July 7 Robert William Brock, Jr. This is one of the 365 devotionals from my book. It is published by Amazon.com and is available at Amazon.com under the book section.

No comments:

Post a Comment