Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Carry Someone's Burden

Carry Someone's Burden "Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2 When I read this scripture, I always remember a dear friend of mine, who truly lived this important message in his everyday life. His daily routine, after he retired, was to visit the hospital, where I worked and visit with the patients. He always stopped by my office each day and we would talk for a few minutes, then he would go throughout the hospital visiting patients. He knew that many of these patients were dealing with serious issues, and that the time he spent with them helped lighten the load they were carrying. In many of my devotionals I talk to you about being in the will of God. This can be difficult at times, determining exactly what God's will is for our life. There are some basics, however that God expects each of us to do, and one of these is to help bear the burdens of others. I want to really challenge you today, to put aside your own cares and help someone you know, that is struggling to carry their load. My dear friend said many times that after he helped others, that his own burdens didn't seem as heavy. I realize that you may be dealing with some difficult issues yourself, but there is someone God has placed in your life, a family member, neighbor, schoolmate, coworker, or a friend that is really hurting and struggling under the weight of their problems. God is telling you to go help that person carry their burden. The Bible teaches us in the scripture above that when we are about our Father's business, He will be about ours. Reaching out with the love of Christ to someone who is hurting, is the ultimate ministry anyone can perform in this life. You can do that today, by finding someone in need and helping them carry their burden. That is God's will for you, and I can assure you that your own burdens will be lighter as you help others carry theirs. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven August 20

No comments:

Post a Comment