Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

We Must Confess Our Sins

We Must Confess our Sins “I said, I will confess my transgressions to the Lord—and you forgave the guilt of my sin.” Psalm 32:5 During our life we all make mistakes, many times, rather innocently. I recall an incident where I borrowed a tool from one of my neighbors to use for a few hours and forgot to return it until months later when I was cleaning the garage and found it. I had promised him I would return it within a few hours. I apologized and it caused no great harm. It was just an innocent mistake, but many times we make mistakes that are not innocent mistakes. We speak words that hurt people, do deeds that are wrong, have thoughts that are inappropriate, deceitful and or hurtful, are slow to forgive, show our anger, just to name a few. According to the Bible these non-innocent mistakes in thought, word or deed is called sin, and the consequences of these mistakes are always negative. God wants us to confess our sins to Him, as stated in the above scripture. We are to openly acknowledge these mistakes and admit the truth about ourselves to God, who is both holy and loving. Each of us need to examine ourselves, and spend some time reflecting on our own lives, and ask God to help us see ourselves as we really are. We may find that sometimes we do not like what we see, and may need to ask God for forgiveness. We may need to confess our sins and commit ourselves to the Lord, when we discover that we have “missed the mark” and made mistakes. We may find that we need to ask God to help us walk in a manner that is pleasing to Him, and guard our thoughts, our words and our deeds so that we do not continue to do things that are not pleasing to Him. God will forgive us of all our sins, as He is a forgiving God. 1st John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven August 13

No comments:

Post a Comment