Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Are We There Yet

Are We There Yet “But on David and his descendants, his house and his throne, may there be the Lord’s peace forever.” 1st Kings 2:33 One of our fondest memories of our children as they were growing up, were the trips we would make from Florida to Kentucky to visit our families. We would usually make this trip almost every month. Our children always looked forward to getting to stay in the hotels, and then visit with their grandparents. One of the most used phrases during these trips was “Are we there yet”. They would usually begin asking this question within 30 minutes of leaving, and would continue through the 12 hour trip every few minutes. We will never forget these precious times, and they remind me of something that should be important for all of us, and that is “have we arrived at the place where we are at peace with our lives and where God is in control”. I know I only arrived a few years ago, and would never turn around and go back. I know I spent the majority of my life asking myself if I was there yet, as I never felt that I had arrived. I was too busy working and busying myself with my own personal wants and desires. But once I arrived, there is no describing what it is like to be at peace with myself, and to know that God is there for me. I have to admit it wasn’t an easy trip sometimes, as there were obstacles all along my way, and I was not always strong enough to overcome some of them. But God provided the roadmap, and has shown me the way to get there, and finally I have reached my destination. I can tell you from personal experience that the trip was definitely worth it and I have finally arrived. So if you are "not there yet", listen to God and let him lead you to your eternal home in Heaven, which is in sight. My Daily Devotional Volume Six August 9 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment