Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Stand Firm

Stand Firm “If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all.” Isaiah 7:9 When I think about the above scripture I think about all the times in our lives when we do not stand firm in doing God’s will. I know that during my life, and in my business career there were times I could have stood firm in situations, and done more than I did in letting people know and see my faith in God. There are so many times, where because of different reasons, we try to blend in with the crowd instead of standing out. What can be so different between a Christian and a non-Christian in our workplaces, in our community and with the people we come into contact with? The answer is that we are not to blend in with the usual crowd, but are to stand out. We need to have a different expression and attitude—that is one of peace and joy, that reflects that we have Jesus in our hearts. Our actions, our speech, and our walking the talk, can be a tremendous influence on the people we come into contact with on a daily basis, and can make a difference in people’s lives. I know that I have met people throughout the years that have stood out, and did not try to blend in with the crowd, and these are the people that I remember. These were the people who were not afraid to be different, but stood for their principles no matter what the circumstances were. God wants each of us to conduct our lives in this fashion, and stand out in the crowd, and be the example for others to follow. We need to walk the talk, and do the things that will make us different from the crowd, and it is through us and our actions that God will be revealed. If your coworkers, school mates and your neighbors do not know that you are a Christian, you have work to do, to be the person God wants you to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment