Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

God Knows What We Need

God Knows What We Need “For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” John 3:17 One of my friends recently sent me an e-mail that made me think about the scripture above. It said, “If our greatest need was for information, God would have sent an educator. If our greatest need was for technology, God would have sent a scientist. If our greatest need was for pleasure, God would have sent an entertainer. If our greatest need was for money, God would have sent an economist. But, since our greatest need is forgiveness, God sent us a Savior.” God knows what we need in our lives as he knows that so often we cannot determine what we really need. This has been so true in my own life as God knew what I needed before I even asked him. Before I knew I needed him, God knew. Before I thought about Him, God thought about me. Before I experienced His forgiveness, God had already forgiven me. While we were yet in our sins, bound in darkness, and held captive by Satan, Christ Jesus came and destroyed the works of darkness that we had committed. Before I ever knew that I needed to experience eternal life, God knew and came to give it to me. We need to seriously consider all that God has done for us and bow down and thank Him for all the blessings He bestows on us daily. Even if you’ve been a follower of Christ for years, let me encourage you to go to Him today and experience afresh, His forgiveness and cleansing in your heart. Call to Him in prayer and approach His presence with humility, confessing, seeking and worshipping Him. We need to always remember that no matter what we’ve done, or how bad we’ve blown it, His forgiveness is ours for the asking. My Daily Devotional Volume Six August 26 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment