Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Seek God's Will

Seek God's Will “Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.” Ephesians 5:17 Do you know what God's will for your life is? Are you experiencing peace and joy in your life? If you don't you are missing so much. I have spent the majority of my life not knowing what the will of the Lord was for me. I had always been what I thought was a good husband and a good father to my children, although I am sure I could have done a better job in both of these categories. I have always provided for my family to the best of my abilities, and my family was the most important thing in my life. However I did not realize until a few short years ago what God’s will was for my life? After retirement I felt that something was missing in my life, and during a temporary business assignment had time to really begin reading the Bible and studying God’s word. The more I studied and read, the more I began to understand what God’s will was for me. This understanding has led to the most enjoyable and peaceful years of my life. I now realize what God has in store for me, and it is amazing as to the things he is revealing to me each and every day. I am now doing things that I never thought could ever be done in our community, and he is leading me in every step. He is opening doors that I never thought could be opened and bringing together people and organizations that I never dreamed would be talking and working together. God has made these things possible that I thought would never come about. I implore each of you to seek out the will of God for you and your life. Find out what God has in store for you and follow everything he puts on your heart. If you could only experience in your life what he is doing in mine, you will have a peace and joy in your life beyond belief. My Daily Devotional Volume Six August 1 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment