Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

The Power Of Prayer

The Power Of Prayer By My Wife Margaret Sue Brock “For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.” Psalm 5:12 This is a devotional that Margaret has written based on the scripture above that she reads every day, and has done so throughout the years. Each morning I read this scripture and I mention my children’s names, and ask the Lord to surround them with his favor as with a shield. Over the years all our children have asked us to pray for them when they had any kind of problems. I remember one night our youngest son Christopher came and got in the bed with us. He was crying and said that his stomach was hurting so bad, and asked me to pray for him. I laid my hand on his stomach and prayed, and as I was praying he seemed to relax, and in just a few minutes he was sound asleep and slept all night, and was fine the next morning. When anything was wrong all through the years he would ask me to pray for him. I remember when he was in the eleventh grade, he had an accident and tore the ACL ligament in his knee, and had to have surgery. After the surgery was over, there were some problems that developed, and he became very sick. He could barely raise his hand, but he reached out and asked me to pray for him. What a blessing this was for me, as he was a grown man, but was still asking me to pray for him like when he was a little baby. He never complained or became discouraged, but rather was very uplifting to his many friends when they came to visit with him. This is what God can do when our families are centered on God, and our children know that they can turn to him in their times of trouble. God will let them be at peace and content with their lives. It is such a blessing to me to have a son like him that is letting God control his life and his family. My Daily Devotional Volume Six August 30 Robert William Brock, Jr. This is a picture of Christopher when he was 4 years old. He is now 33 and is married to Heather and has two children ages 5 and 2. He lives next door to us and is still the same loving, caring and precious son that any mother would be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment