Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mother's Bible

Mother's Bible By: My Wife Margaret Sue Brock “Children’s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children.” Proverbs 17:6 This is a devotional that Margaret has written that relates the importance of having the presence of God in our family, and the influence it can have on our children. Our children have always seen me reading my Bible each morning before they went to school. The most precious memory I have of my son Rob was many years ago when Bob and I did a will, as we wanted to have our estate in order, and asked each of our children to tell us what they wanted. When we asked Rob he simply said that he would let us know that afternoon. In a little while he called me, and his answer could not have been more precious to me, as it touched my heart and I cried. All he wanted and asked for was my Bible, as he knew that I read it every day. There was nothing that has ever pleased me more, and was one of the best presents I have ever received. I can remember when I was a little girl, our friend Marion Brock would sing a song called “Mother’s Bible”. Some of the words were “with its pages worn and torn is more precious than Gold.” Rob is our most perfect and precious son, and has always had the kindest heart and thoughtfulness. He has grown up to be a father and husband that I am so proud of, and still has this kind heart and demonstrates this to all the people he meets. When we have the presence of God in our family, and demonstrate this to our children, we can expect them to be blessed in this manner. Rob carries this blessing over to his own family. He has been such a blessing to us all throughout the years, and I am so proud to be called his mother. His gift of thoughtfulness in asking only for my Bible will forever be with me and in my thoughts. My Daily Devotional Volume Six August 28 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment