Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A Tribute To Mothers

A Tribute To Mothers "A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value." Proverbs 31:10-11 Today, I want to talk to you about mothers, and the importance they play in our Christian walk. A godly mother's life shapes so many other lives. Her importance in the fabric of society cannot be questioned. She is an influencer at both the highest, and the most humble levels of our culture. She has untold power to motivate greatness in her children, and instill quite confidence in her husband. Without her godly influence, families can become fractured and dysfunctional. With her godly influence, families become havens of rest, and beacons of hope. A mother's life is vital to God's plan and His ways. We all know what an incredible influence for good a mother can be in our world, and without this influence, we can see the disasters that can befall a family that does not have the influence of a godly mother. President John Quincy Adams once said, "All that I am my mother made me." President Abraham Lincoln said, "All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." I strongly believe that both my mother, and my wife have exhibited the traits shown in the scripture above, as I know my mother's prayers and influence have followed me throughout my life, and I know that my wife's prayers and influence have followed both me and our children throughout their lives, and is also extending down to our grandchildren.. There will never be a stronger influence than the influence that our mothers will have. So much of our makeup, our personalities, our likes and dislikes, our compassion, our caring, the love we show to others, comes from the influence that our mothers bring to our lives. Mothers are central to any godly family. I am so blessed to have had my mother and my wife lead me to Jesus. My Daily Devotional Volume Seven December 30

No comments:

Post a Comment