Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Truth Will Set You Free

The Truth Will Set You Free “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31-32 I have spent the last fifteen years of my life really studying and reading the Bible, and as the scripture above states, when we know the teachings of God, the truth will set us free. This is what I have experienced in my own walk with God, as the more I have studied God’s word, the more peace and joy in my life He has blessed me with. Paul tells us that when we live our lives for God and begin to obey His commands our life will be transformed, Romans 12:2. When we know the word of God and begin to live our life for Him and obey His teachings our minds and our thoughts will be renewed, and we will want to do God’s will instead of following our own desires. When we get our minds on doing God’s will, we can withstand the worldly temptations that surround us. So many Christians remain in bondage to the stresses of fear, insecurity and anxieties of everyday life because they do not commit themselves to studying and following God’s teachings. They may go to church every Sunday but do not fully commit themselves to following God’s will for their lives. I spent many years of my life in this helpless situation before I began to really seek the word of God and began applying it to my everyday life. When we get our minds on doing the will of God we will see transformation of ourselves, and have a desire to worship and obey Jesus Christ as our Lord and Master. Our minds and our thoughts will be focused on doing the things that are pleasing to God, instead of satisfying our own selfish desires. The word of God will set us free, as without the knowledge of the truth, which we will find in our studies of God’s teaching, and having a closer relationship with Him, we will not be free, but remain in bondage to sin. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven December 11

No comments:

Post a Comment