Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Birds Don't Worry

Birds Don't Worry "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" Matthew 6:26 Every week, I talk to dozens of my readers who tell me they are worried about their jobs, a relationship with someone, their health and a multitude of other problems. Worry is a problem many people face in their daily struggles, as they worry about their problems, and strategize as to how to solve them. I know that over the years I worried about things at my office, about my family, about my health, about so many other issues that I dealt with on a daily basis. There are still things that happen in my life that I have no control over, such as sickness, or the death of a loved one, my friends lose their jobs, or the stock market crashes But as I have gotten older, and have a much closer relationship with God, I have put all that worry behind me, as God now gives me peace during these times. The scripture above is one I can relate to, as when I go out into my yard and hear the birds singing, they are not worried about anything. They are happy, and are always singing. They make me smile, and cause me to pause and take in God's beauty. Their songs remind me that God's angels, are all around me, singing praise to the Lord and watching, protecting, and loving me. My worries go away, as I know that God is beside me, and has promised me that He will provide all my needs, just like He provides for the birds. I would encourage each of you to think about your life, and the things you worry about, then think about the birds and God's promise that He will watch over and care for them, and that they matter to Him. You also matter to God and He will also watch over you, and take care of you. He will provide all your needs. Take God at His word, think about the birds, "Are you not much more valuable than they?" Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven December 9

No comments:

Post a Comment