Pages

Friday, December 26, 2014

Spiritual Workout

Spiritual Workout "No harm befalls the righteous, but the wicked have their fill of trouble." Proverbs 12:21 Over the years I have been on various diets, and usually most of them had programs where I was to do a daily exercise program. When I would start these programs I worked out a lot, sometimes five or six times a week, and it would only take a few weeks before I got back in shape. Of course things changed when I met my goal weight. At first I kept working out, but the workouts were a little shorter, took a little less time. I really didn't want to get up early in the morning to work out, so I cut back a little. A little later, I stopped working out and just ran. Slowly all the work I had done was being undone. Our walk with Christ can be much like those workouts. When we get into the Word each day and spend time with the Lord, we are getting stronger in our relationship with God. But then we get busy at home or at work or with friends, our God workout takes a back seat. Maybe we started at some point spending an hour or a half-hour each day with God, but slowly life got in the way and now we only say a quick prayer each day. After all, that would be enough, right? When we fail to spend time with Christ, we get weaker. We lose our focus and that is when the Devil can move in. He puts things in our life to make us too busy to spend time with Christ. The Devil knows that when we give time to growing our relationship with Christ, he doesn't stand a chance. So he gets in the way. He makes us think we know enough to get by. He preys on our weakness. Are you spending enough time with God each day? Have you stopped growing in your spiritual walk with God? Today it's time to get back in the Word. Today it's time to continue growing your relationship with Christ. It's time to get back in your God workout so that you will stand strong in your spiritual life. Today is the day to start and get fit. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven December 26

No comments:

Post a Comment