Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

Our First Times

Our First Times “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.” Revelation: 1:17 Have you ever thought how we remember our favorite “firsts”, and how these are many times the most memorable moments of our lives. For example, the first time I saw my children after they were born, or saw my wife for the first time, or the time I caught my first fish, were moments that will always be etched in my memory, and will last my lifetime. Have you ever thought about the very first day, and what a wonder this must have been as God surveyed what he had created. Or the first man, when God saw Adam walking around in the Garden of Eden. Or the first sunrise after God had created the sun and the light it gave over all the earth. Take a moment and think about all your "first times" and the things that you value most in your life. Think about all your precious memories, and pretend for a moment that you could awaken tomorrow and experience them once more—for the first time. I am confident that each of us can think of many things that we value more than anything in our lives, and would love to relive these “first times” again. There are also times in our past that I would refer to as our “dark times”. Each of us has our own “dark times”, but instead of wanting to relive these moments, these are the times we would like to forget and never be reminded of again. These are the times we were hurt, disappointed, suffered failure, and are times we want to forget. The truth is that we will never be able to bring back either of these times, even if we wanted to. They are gone forever, and we either have a good or bad memory of them. The thing we must concentrate on now is our future. We need to get excited about our tomorrow, and make all our new “first times” ones that will become our favorites, and ones that we will value. Jesus is the answer to make our future the brightest yet, as he can remove all the “dark times” from our past, and make all our new “first times” the best ones possible as they will last for all eternity. Don't you wish you could go back in time and relive the good times in your past. Don't you just wish you could just experience the joy, happiness and security you felt during these wonderful times. You had no cares, no worry, no hurts or no pain to think about, only peace and comfort filled your heart. You had perfect peace. I believe this is what Heaven will be like, as we will forever be experiencing our good times all over again. There will be no fear, no pain and suffering, no tears will dim our eyes, and nothing will disturb our peace as we will always be happy, walking on the streets of gold with our Lord and Savior. This is what I believe awaits us in Heaven, if we accept Jesus into our hearts, and believe and trust Him as our savior. I can't wait until I can get to experience all my wonderful first times all over again, and all the new first times that I haven't yet known. This is the promise that God gives each of us, as we will be in perfect peace in the arms of Jesus. We cannot imagine what Jesus has prepared for us in Heaven, as this will be another first for us, but just what the Bible tells us about what Heaven will be like, is enough for me to want to go there. All the trials and troubles that we face in this life, will be forgotten. All the uncertainty, insecurity, worry, heartaches, sickness that we now face daily on this earth will be gone, as nothing will be there to take away our peace, our joy and our happiness. Everything we need will be provided, and we will want for nothing. I long for this day to come, where I will be in the presence of God. I would encourage you to live each day with Heaven being your goal. All of this is made possible by the grace that God gave us, as He prepared the way for us to get to Heaven, and find this perfect peace. I Know Heaven is my goal, and should also be your goal, where we will experience our "first times" in the presence of God. "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

No comments:

Post a Comment