Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Through Our Struggles

Through Our Struggles "It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees." Psalm 119:71 Are you faced with the trials and troubles of this life and are having trouble knowing what choices you need to make? The Bible tells us to give thanks to God even through adversity. We will all face adversity, and yes, I know it is difficult to thank God for the problems we face; but God will be there with us. God will give us comfort, and provide us with peace even during the difficult times, when we have faith and trust in Him. This is why I can find such comfort in the scripture above as it is telling me that through my adversities that I am learning and growing in my walk with God. It tells me that God will provide for me even during my difficult times. Someone sent me a story recently which shows how God can provide. A mother got a call from school that her son was ill. She tried to leave, but she had locked her keys in the car. She spotted an old coat hanger. "I don't know how to do this," she said and silently prayed to God. A rough-looking man pulled up on a motorcycle. "Do you know how to do this?" she cried. "Sure," he replied, and soon the car was open. She hugged him and said, "You are such a nice man." He replied, "I'm not 'nice.' I just got out of prison for car theft." She threw her hands in the air and shouted, "Thank you, God. You sent me a professional." God is there to help in every trouble, it may not always come as we expect it to, but He is faithful and we can depend on Him. We should turn to God in every need and give thanks for His goodness. We should be grateful and recognize how God blesses us through the people around us who help in our times of need, but first we should turn to God who is always faithful and waiting to help us through our adversities. It is through our struggles that we see the goodness of God, and strengthen our relationship with Him. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven December 6

No comments:

Post a Comment