Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Daily Devotional

God’s Timing Is Perfect

“Whoever obeys his command will come to no harm, and the wise heart will know the proper time and procedure. For there is a proper time and procedure for every matter, though a man’s misery weighs heavily upon him.”
Ecclesiastes 8:5-6

I have always been very impatient throughout my business career, as I have always wanted things done in my time and on my own terms. I have had the vision of what I wanted to accomplish, but have struggled with patience, and waiting for everything to come together and make my visions become realities. Waiting for something is very hard for me as I always thought I knew what to do and how to do it, but it seemed to always take too much time to get my tasks accomplished. I have heard the saying that God gives each of us a thorn in our side, and I believe the thorn in my side is patience. Over the past years I have been studying the fruits of the spirit that God promises each of us, and the fruit of the spirit that I have not mastered at this time is patience. I have copied every scripture in the Bible about patience, and have these before me each day. I have read and studied these scriptures constantly, and have discovered many things in God’s word that has helped me deal with my lack of patience. I have studied the scriptures where Jesus tells us that our time is not his time. Ecclesiastes 3:1,11 “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. He hath made everything beautiful in His time.” Timing is important as we attempt to master the virtue of patience. Many times we think we are ready to undertake a new change or a challenge, but God knows that we are not ready yet, as He has not molded us and shaped us and prepared us for the change, and will place roadblocks in front of us. When God is ready for the change to occur all the roadblocks will be removed and all doors will be opened. When we look at the ministry of Jesus, we find that He spent 30 years preparing for His ministry before He did His first miracle. There is a time for everything and a purpose for everything. We will never understand God’s timing, but I now know after much study that the answer is to have faith and trust in God. He knows how the puzzle of life will come together for each of us, and when the pieces will fall into place. In God’s time the purpose and plan for each of our lives will be revealed and fulfilled according to His will. Proverbs 16:9 “In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.” When our plans mesh with God’s plans for us, our plans will become realities, not in our timing but in God’s. During these last few years when I began doing God’s will, I quickly found that He begins pouring out His blessings on us when we obey His calling. 2nd Corinthians 9:8-9 “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. As it is written: He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.” So as I write this devotional I now realize and understand so much more as to the timing of God, and how it relates to each of us. We expect certain things to happen in our own time frame, and can become frustrated and impatient when they do not occur as expected, but God knows how our purpose in life is supposed to be carried out, and in His own timing, our plans will come to fruition. It is important for each of us to wait on God, and not to become impatient, and try to make things happen before God is ready. God’s timing is always perfect, and His outcomes will always produce the fruit of our labor. I would encourage each of you to listen to God when He speaks to you and follow and do His will, but learn to wait on God, and not become impatient in doing His work. You will be rewarded in God’s time by a harvest that will be overflowing and abundant, as God’s blessings will pour down on you for all your efforts and patience.

(Many of my readers have asked if my Daily Devotionals have been published and if they could purchase them. The Devotionals I am posting are from My Daily Devotional Volume III which was published in 2009 and can be purchased at amazon.com or from me at robbrock@comcast.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment