Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Daily Devotional

Start Your Day With God

“Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.”
1st Peter 1:13

I would hope that each of us would get up in the morning with good intentions of living the kind of life that God would want us to live. God wants our lives to be lived in a way that is pleasing to Him, and to be lived to honor and serve Him, and be a witness to our fellow man. It is with all of these good intentions that we should begin each day. If we have discovered the talent that God has given us, we need to look for ways each and every day to utilize it, to help and witness to the people around us, and whom we come into contact with. We should also get our minds focused on our goals and objectives before we begin our day. As I traveled to my place of employment, I always thought this was the perfect time for me to ask the Lord for His help and guidance during my day, to keep me focused on the things He would want me to do. I would encourage each of you to simply take a few moments at the start of each day to ask for guidance from God, to lead and direct your lives to do the things that will be pleasing to Him, and to create opportunities where your talent can be utilized to the fullest extent possible. Each of us can find a few moments at the beginning of our day to prepare ourselves, and get in the proper frame of mind to meet the days challenges. God will lead us and direct our every move and decision we make during the day, if we will ask Him. I believe if we prepare ourselves in this manner, we will be more aware and better equipped to handle the problems we encounter. We will have a more positive attitude, and be able to react to situations in a more positive manner than we would otherwise react.

(Many of my readers have asked if my Daily Devotionals have been published and if they could purchase them. The Devotionals I am posting are from My Daily Devotional Volume III which was published in 2009 and can be purchased at amazon.com or from me at robbrock@comcast.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment