Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Daily Devotional

Teach Character

“And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.”
Romans 5:3:4

As we send our children out into the world the thing that will set them apart from others is the character that we have taught them. The character of our children will provide the foundation for their lives. I know that if there was ever one thing that my mother, grandmother and grandfather ever taught me was that my character was one of the most important things in my life, and that I should guard it above anything. I have found their teachings to be so true in my life and in the business world, and seen this revealed so many times throughout the years. I feel that the leadership crisis we are facing in our businesses, in our government and in our churches can all be traced back to the issue of character. We must send our children out into the world prepared to withstand the pressures of this world, and the temptations they will come against. It is our duty as parents to raise our children with a Godly character. We must raise them to follow Jesus Christ, and teach them the commands of God. We need to send them out into the world equipped to do battle with the enemy, that will confront them from all sides. We must prepare them to know right from wrong, and to not give in to their temptations and follow the way of the world. If we will read and study the above scripture it gives us all the things we need to teach our children to prepare them to handle the obstacles and temptations that are going to challenge them in their lives.

(Many of my readers have asked if my Daily Devotionals have been published and if they could purchase them. The Devotionals I am posting are from My Daily Devotional Volume III which was published in 2009 and can be purchased at amazon.com or from me at robbrock@comcast.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment