Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Daily Devotional

Seek God’s Plan

“Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.”
Habakkuk 2:2-3

The above scripture is not one that many pastors routinely mention in their messages; however it tells us that if God has given us a vision of what His plan for our life is to be we must be patient and wait for it to happen. I know that God has given me His plan for my life, and I can’t wait for all the things to happen that He has planned for me to do. I am so impatient and want to do all the things today and see them completed. The waiting turns from days to weeks to months and even years. I know however that the vision He has put in my heart and spirit, and know that He will bring it to pass in His timing. I am also learning that the waiting process is also not all bad, as in this process God is molding me and making me better equipped to fulfill the plans He wants me to do. There are things that I felt I should have done earlier that could have speeded up the process, but I resisted and trusted God that He would let me know when the time was right. In all of these instances God knew what was best as if I had gone on my own, and did these things they would not have worked as well. I do not believe we can rush God and His timing, as I am learning to trust Him more, regardless of the circumstances. Waiting is sometimes hard for us to comprehend, but God promises us that good things will come our way when we are patient and wait on Him. I would encourage each of you to seek God’s will for your life, then in God’s time you will have a peace that will make you alive and committed to do His perfect will.

(Many of my readers have asked if my Daily Devotionals have been published and if they could purchase them. The Devotionals I am posting are from My Daily Devotional Volume III which was published in 2009 and can be purchased at amazon.com or from me at robbrock@comcast.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment