Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Daily Devotional

Give Freely

“Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this, says the Lord Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the flood gates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.”
Malachi 3:10

We cannot out-give God. During these past several years I have personally experienced this in my life. As I have developed my ministry I have found that every time I have gone out of my way to help someone in any kind of fashion God has blessed me for it. I am not talking about receiving money, but blessings that have touched my heart. Just being able to provide a nourishing meal to the children, and seeing their faces has provided me with so much peace and joy in my life that it has uplifted me. Being able to provide a pair of shoes to a child that was going barefoot has given me peace. Being able to provide a place of shelter for someone who did not have a home has brought me joy. All of these things have given me a warm feeling in my heart that is indescribable. Helping to bring broken families back together again; being able to comfort someone after they have lost a loved one, or giving comfort to someone who has just lost their job, are just some examples of things that has given me a sense of peace and joy in my life. And as Jesus said is worth a hundred times more than I gave. I know I spent the bigger part of my life not giving in the manner that God wants us to give, but when we realize the real importance of giving of ourselves to others, this is the time that God really touches our hearts and begins to pour out His blessings in our lives as He has done with me. It is not difficult to start giving of yourself. Whenever we give freely, and give from our heart God will repay us many times over and bless us.

(Many of my readers have asked if my Daily Devotionals have been published and if they could purchase them. The Devotionals I am posting are from My Daily Devotional Volume III which was published in 2009 and can be purchased at amazon.com or from me at robbrock@comcast.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment