Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Daily Devotional

God’s Plan is Perfect

“After Job had prayed for his friends, the Lord made him prosperous again and gave him twice as much as he had before. All his brothers and sisters and everyone who had known him before came and ate with him in his house. They comforted him and consoled him over all the trouble the Lord had brought upon him, and each one gave him a piece of silver, and a gold ring. The Lord blessed the latter part of Job’s life more than the first.
Job 42:10-16

This account of Job’s life is the perfect example of someone using the true meaning of patience in their life. With all the afflictions Job suffered he weathered the storms of life and all the pain and suffering. He lost everything but kept his faith in God and did not give in. He had the patience to endure the hardships of life, as he had a promise that if he would keep his faith he would be rewarded many times over with God’s blessings. This is the way God wants each of us to be in dealing with all of the pain and suffering that we have in our own lives. He knows ahead of time what impact many of these things will have on our lives. My father’s death in World War II was an instance in my own life that has always been very difficult for me to understand why this was allowed to happen to me. I am now beginning to understand why God allowed this to happen, as I can see how his death has influenced my life, and also my children’s lives. It has been difficult for me to be patient all these years living with this, but I now realize some of the reasons why God may have allowed this to happen. I probably will never understand the full story, as this is only a small piece of a large puzzle, but just realizing and seeing only a small piece of the big puzzle has satisfied me and given me peace and joy in my life. I believe God’s plan is a perfect plan.

(Many of my readers have asked if my Daily Devotionals have been published and if they could purchase them. The Devotionals I am posting are from My Daily Devotional Volume III which was published in 2009 and can be purchased at amazon.com or from me at robbrock@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment