Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

My Daily Devotional

Strive for Excellence

“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for his wrong, and there is no favoritism.”
Colossians 3:23-25

No matter what we do in our lives we must always be fair in all we do. The most important thing that represents us to our fellow man, and lets them know the kind of person we really are, is how we treat other people. The way we present ourselves to others, and the way they perceive us is one of the most important things that will separate us from them. We must at all times strive to conduct ourselves in a manner that we will never be ashamed of anything we did or said, that will negatively influence the people around us. The way we conduct ourselves in our encounters with our friends, neighbors, the people we work with, and any one we come into contact with reflects upon our character, our integrity and our attitude. Many people are content to be complacent with being just an average person, and not doing anything over and beyond what they could do to help their fellow man. My thoughts about my life has always been to always try to go the extra mile, and go out of my way to do something to help someone, or to make somebody feel good about themselves. I believe that God does not want us to just be average, and settle for mediocrity in all we do. I believe God wants each of us to be the example and the frontrunner in whatever we do. He wants us to stand out in the crowd, by showing people that we are a cut above, in our character, integrity, attitude and the way we conduct our lives. He wants us to strive for excellence in the way we conduct ourselves and deal with others.

(Many of my readers have asked if my Daily Devotionals have been published and if they could purchase them. The Devotionals I am posting are from My Daily Devotional Volume III which was published in 2009 and can be purchased at amazon.com or from me at robbrock@comcast.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment