Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Daily Devotional

Get in God’s Presence

“Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.”
Mark 1:35

Every individual needs to put the power of prayer to work for them. Prayer is such an essential part of our daily worship that we cannot speak enough about it and do it enough. Prayer is the main avenue God uses to transform our lives and change us. If we are not willing to change, we will not have a need for prayer, as it is through prayer our life will be changed. As we become more accustomed to prayer we will begin to think like God; we will begin to desire the things He desires; to love the things that He loves and to obey His will. As we develop our prayer life He will teach us to see things from His point of view. I believe David was the ultimate prayer warrior, as he was either thanking God for his blessings or asking God to deliver him from his troubles. I remember a quote from Martin Luther where he declared, “I have so much business I cannot get on without spending three hours daily in prayer.” John Wesley also said “God does nothing but in answer to prayer,” and backed this up by stating that he spent three hours daily in prayer. God does not expect us to become like these great men instantly, and become discouraged because we do not devote this amount of time daily to prayer, but He will meet us anytime in prayer and will lead us to the point where we will want to spend more of our time communicating with Him in prayer. I would encourage each of you to begin to devote more of your daily worship time in prayer to God. When you start communicating with God He can change you when you are in His presence, as His presence will give you hope and a future when you hear Him and begin to abide in Him.

(Many of my readers have asked if my Daily Devotionals have been published and if they could purchase them. The Devotionals I am posting are from My Daily Devotional Volume III which was published in 2009 and can be purchased at amazon.com or from me at robbrock@comcast.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment