Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

My Daily Devotional

God Can Calm Our Storms

“Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer.”
Psalm 4:1

When David asked God to hear his prayer in the above scripture he was asking God to relieve him from his distress. I believe so many of us only go to God in prayer during times of distress. However this is not the only time we need to go to Him in prayer. We need to go to God every day, even when we are not in distress or trouble. We need to thank Him for the good times as well as the bad times. We need to thank Him for everything He has done, and has provided for us and our family. Throughout most of my life, I know I would only go to God in prayer when things were going bad, as David did in the above scripture. When things were going good I had very little time for God. I now realize that we need to go to God every day in prayer with praise, with thanksgiving and a grateful heart. We need to ask Him for guidance in doing His will for our life, and when we do He will answer our prayers and give us the peace and joy that we all desire. I realize that most people only go to God in prayer when they are facing trials and difficulties in their lives, and I believe that there are times when God wants to get our attention, and allows many of our problems to confront us, because we are going in the wrong direction, and it is through these difficult times that He is wanting us to turn our lives back over to Him. I know in my own life that when I have strayed from God, it seems like the whole world would turn against me, and I would have multiple problems. But when I turned back to God through my prayers, my problems seemed smaller, and I would again have hope and would begin to see a way out of my troubles. God can calm our storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment