Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Daily Devotional

Serve Others

“Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Mark 10:43-45

In looking back on my life, I realize that I spent the majority of my life in a career where I was always in charge, and always the boss and not the servant. I wanted things to be done my way, and demanded my employees to follow my instructions. I now realize that so many times throughout my career, I missed the true meaning of what the above scripture really tells us. Although I always fulfilled my duties as a manager, and got the job done well, there were so many missed opportunities I had to put the welfare of others ahead of my own, but did not do so. Jesus is telling us to be a servant in everything we do, to put others first, to think about others instead of ourselves. Most of the things we do in life impact other people, and we need to remember that by putting them first, we are doing what Jesus wants us to do. I know that during these last few years as I have become more of a servant, Jesus has blessed my life, and has provided me a peace and joy that I have not experienced before. During the last part of my business career, I had the attitude of being a servant to my employees. I wanted to know what I could do to help them perform their jobs better. As I began to follow this method I realized that this is the way that all of us should live our lives. All of us need to be servants in all that we do, as when we have the attitude of being a servant we are fulfilling what God really wants us to become. God has blessed me when I began to be a servant, and I will continue to serve others for the rest of my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment