Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Time For Renewal

A Time For Renewal "See, I am doing a new thing. Now it springs up, do you not perceive it." Isaiah 43:19 Margaret and I began cleaning out some of our closets last week before the New Year, as it was time to tackle some of the chores we had put off. It is sometimes hard to part with some of our clothes, but we were determined to get rid of the old, and make room for the new. It was time for a change. We are told to look ahead to each new day with a fresh hope in what we can accomplish. God is always doing a new thing in the lives of His people. He says His mercies are new and fresh every morning. He says His grace is sufficient for this day. We can see that nothing is stale and nothing is stagnant in God’s Kingdom. We can trust Him to give us what we need each day, and look forward to living one day at a time, as old things have passed away. In the new year ahead I want to look for new ways to worship God and devote more time to Him, and not look back to what I didn't get done last year. I like to reflect back on what I did accomplish for God’s Kingdom last year, but then I want to move forward to what I can do in the new year. I have seen people who want to live in the past, but there is no future in the past, as often it is only a place of hopelessness and despair. Resolve in your heart to move forward and leave last year behind you, and ask God to let your new year be one of thankfulness, praise and worship to Him Believe and claim that this new year can and will be great, as you go forward expecting God's favor in your life. Speak your future into becoming a reality, as you build a closer relationship with God, asking Him to watch over you and protect you. Think about taking the old things out of your heart and mind, and making room for the new. My Daily Devotional Volume Six January 16, 2013 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment