Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Be An Encourager

Be An Encourager "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." 1st Thessalonians 5:11 Ever since I have been writing my Daily Devotionals, I have thought about this scripture, and it has become a dominate theme in my ministry. My goal is to become an encourager to all my readers, and to give them something each day, to uplift them and encourage them to keep their eyes on God. God is the "Great Encourager", not me, but He is using me as His instrument to reach others. I receive many e-mails on a daily basis, where my devotionals have spoken to their hearts in some way, and they are encouraged and uplifted as they are faced with the trials and troubles in their lives. Many times my readers have no one to turn to, that will listen to the problems they are dealing with, or try to help. Therefore, much of my time is spent listening to them, and giving them words of encouragement, to get them through their tough times. God is the only one that can provide them true comfort and peace, as they go through their struggles, but I can direct them to God's Holy Word, where His words can provide them His wisdom and give them peace and comfort. God has blessed me during this time, and I often feel His encouragement and peace in my own life, after being able to help someone else deal with their own problems. I had a dear friend who once told me that if he was having problems in his own life, they would suddenly disappear when he helped someone else. These words are so true, as this is what I experience daily. If you are dealing with problems in your life today, look around you and help someone who is struggling, and encourage and help them. I can assure you that your own problems will become much lighter and easier to bear. My Daily Devotional Volume Six January 26 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment