Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Jesus Changes You

Jesus Changes You "Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day." 2nd Timothy 1:12 Does asking Jesus into your heart really change you? Does Christianity work? Does anything really happen when a person repents of sin and receives Christ by faith? These are questions people have asked me over the years as I have talked to them about their salvation. I can only tell you that it worked in my own life. I know that for most of my adult life, I did not have a personal relationship with Jesus, although I had grown up in a Christian home, where godly values were always practiced. Even after Margaret and I were married, I went through the motion of going to church with my family, but never committed my life to God. However, all this changed, when I finally decided to ask Jesus into my heart, and gave my life to serving Him. Jesus gave me a purpose and pointed me in the right direction. Instead of wandering aimlessly through life, I now knew what God's plan and purpose for my life was all about. My whole world began to come into focus, and my attitude about myself and others changed dramatically. I began to seek God's will for my life, instead of doing things my own way. No, I didn't become perfect, but my life changed. I haven't regretted turning my life over to Jesus, as I have finally discovered the peace and joy that only He can give. I am no longer concerned about what the future holds for me, as I know that I am in God's hands now, and that I am content with what He has in store for me. God has allowed me the opportunity to lead others to Jesus during these past several years, and I have yet to find anyone who has regretted giving their lives to Christ. My Daily Devotional Volume Six January 5 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment