Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

God's Plan Is Perfect

God's Plan Is Perfect "Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away." Isaiah 35:10 This past week I lost a first cousin, who went home to be with Jesus, at the age of 97. He had certainly lived a long life, much more than God promises us in the Bible, was respected in the community, and loved by his family. As I was printing off his obituary in the newspaper, I noticed the obituary of a newborn baby, that had also died, and only lived a few days, before God called it home. This was such a contrast as it reminded me of how little control we have over our time on this earth. I am confident that both of these precious lives were part of God's great plan, and that we will never be able to understand the difference in how His plan will be fulfilled, and the impact a life can have on others. My first thought was that my cousin had been blessed by God, and had a longer life than most, but this precious baby had been cheated from its blessings. Did God forget about it, or doesn't He care? Then I began to think about my father, who was killed in World War II, at the age of 26, when I was only two years old, and whether he was cheated, and also if my mother and I were also cheated. As I thought about my life and the impact of my father's death on me, I realized that God's plan had been perfected, as his impact on me has made me the person I am today. My life was changed because of my father's death, and all the circumstances and events of my entire life were altered by his death. When I look back on my life as it unfolded, and see how God's plan was revealed, I can understand God's design. If you are dealing with something you don't understand, don't be concerned as God's plans are always perfect, and will work for the good in all situations. My Daily Devotional Volume Six January 20 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment