Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Are You Ready

Are You Ready "So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir." Galatians 4:7 This morning I received word that one of my good friends was nearing death due to cancer, that had spread throughout her body, and they had given her only a few weeks to live. She is a strong Christian, and has told me that she longs for the day when she can go to be with Jesus, and leave her pain behind. She is looking forward to being an heir with Jesus. The Bible tells us that we are pilgrims and strangers in a foreign land, and that this world is not our home, as we are just passing through. Some day all our battles on this earth will be over, and we will enter that Heavenly Home. This is what every Christian should look forward to, and those that have made Jesus their Lord and Savior will have this waiting for them. I have also been able to talk to many other people who were facing the same scenario as my friend, who were not sure what their future held. They were not sure that they would be an heir of God, and were not welcoming their ultimate fate. If you are not sure of what the future holds for you, this could be the day that you need to make a decision that will also make you an heir of God. My friend does not know when God will call her home, but she is ready. You also do not know when God will call you home, and you also need to be ready. You are not promised tomorrow, or even the next few hours, so it is important to prepare yourself now. The Bible tells us, "There is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that day, and not to me only, but also to all who have loved His appearing." 2nd Timothy 4:8. Be prepared, as when God does call you home, you need to also be called His heir. My Daily Devotional Volume Six January 28 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment