Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pray Without Ceasing

Pray Without Ceasing "For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding." Colossians 1:9 I get several responses each day from my Daily Devotionals that I send out by e-mail, were people are asking for prayer for some of their loved ones to accept Jesus as their Savior. I received one this morning from a mother who had been praying for her son. Mr. Brock: "Thank you so much for the daily devotionals. My Son just accepted Jesus after reading your recent devotional, this morning. I have been praying for his salvation for many months now, and he has been reading them with me for the past 3 or 4 months. I am so grateful to you, and your ministering to him in this way. May God Bless You for all you do." If you have a loved one that you are praying for, don't ever give up asking God for their salvation. It may seem frustrating to go on, day after day, and seeing nothing happen in their lives, but constant and consistent prayer can, and will work. When I get requests such as this one from a mother, I always tell them to never stop praying, and also to let the person know that you are praying for them. We can see the example in the Bible about the persistent widow who did not give up, but continued to ask God for her request. As the Bible tells us, "Pray without ceasing." 1st Thessalonians 5:17. This should be the motto of every true follower of Jesus Christ. Never stop praying, no matter how dark and hopeless the situation may seem. Your responsibility isn't to tell God when He must act, or even how He must act. Your responsibility is simply to "pray without ceasing", and trusting Him to act according to His perfect will. My Daily Devotional Volume Six January 23 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment