Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Mountaintop

My Mountaintop "Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes." Luke 12:23 As I was growing up, the place I found most comforting to me was on top of the mountains. My grandfather and I spent many days on top of the mountains, hunting and training our beagle puppies. My grandfather also loved the mountains, and we would leave our house many times before daybreak, so that we could be on the mountain top before sunrise. It was such a beautiful, breathtaking sight to see the sun begin to slowly come over the horizon, and see the fog, in the valleys below, slowly being burned away by the rays of the sun. From the top of the mountain the world seems so large, so massive and never ending, as you gaze in all directions, not being able to see the end. I would love to go back to my mountain tops again with my grandfather, but this time I would take God along with me, and experience this wonderful time with Him. I believe this would be an amazing trip to have God by my side, and let Him show me all the things he created. The sunshine beaming down on my face, the cool breeze that would sweep through my hair, the fragrant scents of the trees and grass, the chirping of the birds, the rustle of the animals would make me aware of His presence. Even though I don't get to visit my mountaintops anymore, I can still see God all around me. I see Him when I look in my yard at my beautiful flowers, when I pass by the rivers and lakes, when I look at the rainbows, when I look at the puffy white clouds floating in the blue sky, I know that God is there looking down on me and showing me His wonderful creations. Yes, I can feel God anywhere I am now, as He is in my heart, just as he was on my mountaintops with my grandfather. My Daily Devotional Volume Six January 31, 2013 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment