Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Are You Walking With God

Are You Walking With God "You became imitators of us, and of the Lord; in spite of severe suffering, you welcomed the message with the joy given by the Holy Spirit." 1st Thessalonians 1:6 Throughout the last several decades, I have tried to walk with the presence of God in my life each day, and these have been the most pleasant years of my life. Before I found Christ, I walked alone, wanting to do things my own way, and rely on my own abilities to get me through the struggles of life. During these years I worried about everything, as I did not know what the future held for me, and was constantly in turmoil knowing what to do or what decisions were best. However, now I have Jesus to walk with me and help me carry the burdens, and with His help, I am worry free, as I know and rely on His promise to provide and supply all that I need. When I look at the people who walked with God in the Bible, I see how God blessed them and provided for them. Noah walked with God, and when the floods came, He saved his family. Moses walked with God, and God gave him the strength and power to lead the people of Israel out of Egypt. David walked with God, and God allowed him to be one of the great Kings of the Israelites. When these men walked with God, He allowed them to do great things, as they were following the will of God in their lives. I know that since I began to walk with God, He has given me the peace and comfort in my life that I never had before. When I put my trust in Him, just as Noah, Moses and David did, He has provided for me just as He did with them, and has also allowed His will to be fulfilled in my life. If you are not walking with God in your life, you are missing the greatest partner you will ever have, as He can provide you with a peace and comfort that you have never known. My Daily Devotional Volume Six January 27 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment