Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Give Your Burdens To God

Give Your Burdens To God "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1st Peter 5:7 I love to work in my yard, and have a John Deere tractor and cart, which I load to the brim with mulch and put around all my flowers and shrubbery. My cart will hold several hundred pounds of mulch or dirt and can be emptied by simply pulling on a lever, and the heavy load is discharged at the prescribed spot. When I read this scripture several days ago, I was reminded that we can also dump our heavy loads of whatever we are carrying around with us, just as easy as pulling a lever. I hear from many of my readers each day telling me they are carrying around loads of guilt, unforgiveness, bitterness, pride, anger, resentfulness, worry, and so many other loads of oppression that they need to get rid of. God never intended for us to be burdened down by the cares of this world, and gives us the promise that we can pull a lever and give this all to Him. We can pull the lever of faith, or pull the lever of trust, and all the weight we are carrying can be discharged upon His shoulders, as He said that He would gladly bear it. If you are dealing with issues today in your life that are weighing you down, you can turn them over to God, who will gladly take them from you. You don't have to hold on to them by yourself, as they will drag you down, rob you of your peace and joy, and keep you from having the relationship with God you need. Pull your lever of faith and trust in God and give them to Him. God cares about you, and wants only the best for you, and does not want you burdened down with the cares of the world. God loved you so much that He gave His only son to die on the cross for your sins, so why can't you trust Him to take away all your other heavy burdens. My Daily Devotional Volume Six January 10 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment