Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Book Of Wisdom

The Book Of Wisdom

"For attaining wisdom and discipline; for understanding words of insight; for acquiring a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair."
Proverbs 1:2-3

I have always loved the book of Proverbs, and the verses above tell us what this book should teach us, which are all the important things in life. The book of Proverbs, which was largely written by Solomon, is crammed with the best advice it is possible to get, and it is a tragedy that it is not part of our education system, as its advice would be priceless to our youth. It is also such a tragedy that our churches do not spend more time encouraging their congregations, especially new Christians, to dig into the book of proverbs, as it teaches them how to deal with most of the problems our world faces. Every new Christian, should be introduced to the book of Proverbs and led through these scriptures the moment they begin attending church. During these past several years I have led more people to Christ through scriptures in Proverbs than any other book. I know that in my own walk with God, that when I applied the principles of Proverbs, and saw that these wise and witty sayings really worked, it changed my life. The wisdom that I have gotten from Proverbs, has influenced my thinking, and given me the insight into the rest of the Bible, much more than any other book. The book of Proverbs, is the book that will give you the wisdom for living. Many people know how to make a living, but they don't know how to live. If you follow the wisdom Proverbs gives you, and put it into practice every day it will change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment