Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

God Has The Answers

God Has The Answers

"Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted."
Psalm 25:16

It is so easy in life to want to solve all our problems ourselves. I know I have struggled with this throughout my life, as I thought I always had all the answers to anything that would come up. I would not have thought about looking in the Bible for answers to life's problems when I was young, as my ways were always best. In most situations, I was always able to solve most of my problems, as I had a very successful business career with very few problems arising that I couldn't handle. However, much of all the worry, frustration, and many times the self doubt, that I put myself through during all these times, could have been taken away if I had looked at my faith, and my trust in God to help me find the answers. It is not always easy to make decisions on our own, not knowing if they were the right decisions, and then waiting to find out if they really were the right ones. We may think that the Bible is not useful for today's situations, but it really is the answer in almost any area we need to find a solution for. Just the wisdom found in the Book of Proverbs can provide solutions to most of life's problems, and prevent the heartache and problems, that are caused by people making the wrong decisions, by wanting to do things themselves. Most times, we want to look at the natural world for wisdom, as I did, when God's supernatural wisdom, located in our Bibles will answer most of our dilemma's. Just like the scripture above says, "Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted." When you turn to God for answers you will always find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment