Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

The Sin Of Pride

Pride Is A Sin

"You were taught with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desire; to be made new in the attitude of your minds."
Ephesians 4:22-23

So often in life people let their desires get the best of them, and get completely out of hand. We see people today, who have let their desire for food, money, sex, power, and other desires take over their lives and control their thoughts and actions. Many Christians try to cover up their desires, saying "well at least I'm not a drunkard or a dope addict, or some of the more evil desires." Any desire can deceive us and take over our life if we are not on guard at all times. I know that I have battled the desire of pride throughout my life, as I thought that I had the answers for all of life's problems. I now know and understand that this was a sin, as I did not know all things, and should not have had such a high regard for myself. I now know just how little I knew, as it was not me making all the good things happen in my life, but it was God, who was in control. God has shown me just how little I was in control, as I have gotten into a closer relationship with Him. When I began to study and read His Word, the blinders were lifted, and I knew that everything I had done and accomplished in my life was not done through my abilities, but were done by Him watching over me. If any of you that are reading this message today, think that you are in control, and have all the answers to life's problems, you are badly mistaken. It is God that control's everything, and during your life's journey it has been His hand that has been in control of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment