Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Let God Lead You

Let God Lead You

"I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths."
Proverbs 4:11

A couple of weeks ago, I had the opportunity to be part of a revival in our small town. God had been placing this on my heart for over six months that we needed to have a revival, but there were not any doors that opened up. Weeks kept passing, and no doors opened, and even though I tried my best to find a place, nothing was available. I began to get discouraged, as I felt I was letting God down in my inability to get the revival set up. However, just as I was beginning to give up, one morning at a meeting, the director of the local Community Center asked me what I thought about holding a revival at the center. God had opened one door. The next day a cousin of mine, who was a pastor in another small town in Ohio, sent me a message that he felt God was calling him to come to our town and hold a revival. This was the other door that God had now opened for me. God's timing was perfect, although I thought I had let God down, He knew when things were right. I had not understood why God had placed the revival on my heart, or on the heart of the director of the Community Center, or on the heart of my cousin, but God had arranged all this in His time. This has only been the most recent occasion where God acted through me, and others to do His work. I am always amazed to see how God can work in people's lives to fulfill His plans and purposes. We can become discouraged, and sometimes even give up when things don't happen the way we want them to, but in God's timing everything works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment