Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Use Your Gifts Wisely

Use Your Gifts Wisely

"And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet."
Matthew 10:14

I have spent many hours thinking about this scripture, and during the past 20+ years, I have encountered many people who did not want to hear about Christ. Even though I sometimes would pressure them, to let me talk about Jesus, many would not listen to what I was saying. It is difficult when someone does not want to hear about Jesus, but I have reconciled myself through this scripture and others, to know that I have at least tried my best. When we look at the Bible, we see that Jesus went to places where He was celebrated, instead of where He was tolerated. He did not stay where He was not valued. God gives each of us gifts and talents, and I believe that we must not waste these gifts and talents, when we are not valued. We need to treasure and guard any gift and talent that God has given us. We must remember, that God has prepared others to receive us when we are at the right place. Jesus was unable to do any miracles in certain cities, which did not receive Him. The people doubted, as unbelief was like a cancer in the atmosphere. It stopped Him from releasing His healing power. He taught His disciples to disconnect from any place that did not see their worth. It is foolish to waste your entire life on those who do not celebrate you. Move on, as Jesus did, but plant your seed with those you come into contact with, as later on it may mature. Lord, I ask that you give me the wisdom and discernment to stay where I am valued, and leave the places where I am not valued. Let me use my gifts wisely to honor you.

No comments:

Post a Comment