Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

I'm Not Afraid Anymore

I'm Not Afraid Anymore

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?"
Romans 8:35

So often in life people are afraid. In a world filled with uncertainty, danger, war, economic collapse, health issues, relationship issues or a multitude of other problems, most people are uneasy when they don't know what the future holds, and become afraid. After Jesus was crucified on the cross, He arose on the third day, and came to His disciples in the garden, and said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers." Matthew 28:10 The Bible is full of promises, such as these, telling us to not be afraid, and that God will protect us and provide for us. It tells us that even the birds of the air do not worry about what they will eat or drink, as God will provide all that they need. The Bible also tells us that God knows all our needs, and that He will always provide them. I know that all during my life, I liked to know in advance what was coming, as I wanted to prepare the organizations I worked for, with the advance warning of any dangers, and take the appropriate steps to prepare for any changes that could happen. I have also liked to know what the future held for my family, so I could always provide for them, in all situations. God does not want us to be concerned with the future, as His promises are enough. He wants us to have faith and trust in Him for all things, and not be afraid of what the future might hold. Since I have a closer relationship with God now, the future doesn't scare me anymore. I know that God is there with me, and will take care of me during any situation. I am not afraid because I know that nothing can separate me from the love of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment