Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Just A Little More

Just A Little More

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15:13

I recently saw a bumper sticker on a car that said, "All I want is a little more than I have now." This made me think that this statement is so true, as most people spend their entire life working to get just a little more than they have now. There is something that we are always wanting, that we think will bring us just a little more comfort, give us a little more happiness, and make our life just a little more enjoyable. Does this describe you, as you want just a little more than you have now, and if you got it would you be satisfied? I have found in my own life, that the thing I thought I wanted and worked for, and finally got, didn't provide the satisfaction I thought it would. I believe this is one of life's frustrations, as we think we will find satisfaction and fulfillment in the things of this world, but once we get them, they don't bring lasting happiness. We look for love, security, and happiness through our jobs, our possessions, our relationships, but we don't hear many people give their testimonies, stating that their lives are complete, and that they want for nothing. Rather, we see just the opposite, as most people still feel empty, discontented, unhappy, lonely, unsecure, and that they still need a little more. If you think that if you had just a little more than you have now that everything would be ok, you need to develop a better relationship with God. Try putting Christ first in your life, and you will discover that He is the source of the love, peace and joy you have been searching for.

No comments:

Post a Comment