Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Mountaintop

My Mountaintop

"Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies."
Psalm 36:5

As I was growing up, I spent a lot of my time hunting with my grandfather. We would climb the mountains to the very top, where we could overlook the valleys below. Many times, early in the morning, we could look down and see the fog in the valleys below, that seemed like clouds, floating in the air, with the brilliant rays of sunlight shining above them. These were beautiful scenes, and they have been etched and engrained in my mind all these years. It seemed like we were on top of the world, as we couldn't get any higher, but could see everything around us. When I was on these mountain tops with my grandfather, all the cares of the world were forgotten, and everything seemed at peace. This is what I envision heaven to be like, as I will be above all the cares, the hurts, the worries, the struggles, the trials, the pain and all the other things that weigh me down on this earth. They will lay at my feet, and cannot get to me, and destroy my peace and my joy. So often people live deep in the valleys, where the worry, trials and struggles of life keep them mired down, and they see very little hope for the future. They are constantly looking up at their problems, which seem like mountains, with cliffs too steep to climb. When you are in the valleys often you only see the sides of the hills, but can't see the view from the mountaintops. On top of the mountain there is hope, peace, joy and contentment. If you are down in the valley today, there is a mountaintop experience waiting for you. Ask God to help you climb to your mountaintop and experience His love.
My Daily Devotional Volume V
December 19
Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment