Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Plant Your Seeds

Plant Your Seeds

"But they soon forgot what he had done and did not wait for his counsel."
Psalm 106:13

There have been many times in my life where I did not wait on God to direct my paths. I became impatient, wanting to get the work done now, in my timeframe, without waiting on God's counsel. Our time is not God's time, and when we begin to do God's work, He knows when the time is right. Several years ago God placed upon my heart the need to start a program to feed the poor, as there were not any in our community. I struggled for months trying to find a place, get volunteers from the churches, and find financial support to begin a food distribution program, as there was much need. I spoke at many churches, contacted various agencies, and met with many civic organizations and business leaders trying to get the program established. Many times I became impatient, and felt like giving up, but I kept plodding along, with a small program that only provided food for about 60 families. During this whole process, I now realize that I was planting seeds that needed time to grow, as God was not ready for this to take place at that time. Little by little this seed began to take root, and now five years later, there are at least 10 different food distribution sites, at churches and community centers in our area. The seeds that were planted, have grown into a valuable resource for the needy in our community. I have found that when God places a calling on your heart to do His work, give it your very best effort, and plant the seeds that He wants you to plant, then wait on God. In his time frame your seeds will take root and begin to reap a bountiful harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment