Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

You Can Depend On God

You Can Depend On God

"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you."
Isaiah 46:4

It is wonderful to know that God is there even in our old age to carry and sustain us. He said in the scripture above that even when our hair is gray that He will be there to deliver us from harm and provide all our needs. What a wonderful promise to know that we can be able to depend upon God to still be with us. As our bodies deteriorate and our health begins to fail, and as our ability to hold down a job makes us more dependent upon others, it is so comforting to know that God is still there to give us His assurance that He will never leave us. I have watched my mother, who is now in her 90's, depend upon God all her life to carry her through one circumstance after another. Her faith in God has not diminished, as she has had God touch her body several times to heal her from what looked like life threatening situations. God has been faithful all these years, and has answered her prayers, when things looked grim in our eyes. God knows what we go through in life, as He knows all our struggles, and He also wants us to be faithful in all that we do, and to call on Him when we need help. As our seasons come and go in life, we need God in different ways during each season, but He knows what we need and helps carry our burdens. I know that I am approaching the winter season of my life, but I know that God is still there watching over me, just like He did in the spring of my life. His hand had lead me and directed my life to fulfill the purpose that I was designed to fulfill, and as my journey comes to an end, God is still there sustaining me.

No comments:

Post a Comment