Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Things Above

Things Above

"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things."
Colossians 3:2

In the book of Colossians, Paul is giving us many of the rules for Holy living, and the scripture above is one of the keys. When we are born again, we become new creations, and the old habits and sins must pass away. I know when I accepted Jesus as my Savior, I was just overwhelmed with love. It was as if God's presence was with me every waking moment of my day. I couldn't get enough of reading my Bible, as I wanted to soak up all of the wisdom and knowledge found there. My focus was no longer on myself, or on my own wants and desires, but was geared toward helping others and sharing my happiness with them. All my thoughts were now directed to serving God, and doing and obeying all His commands. A new lifestyle emerged, one that was not focused on my selfish ambitions, but one that wanted to serve others. I wanted to share my new found life with others, and tell them the peace and contentment that I now had, which I had never had before. I wanted to shout it from the rooftops the way I felt, and wanted to share it with everyone. This is how my daily devotionals began, as I wanted to share my daily thoughts with others, and let them know the joy they may be missing by not asking Jesus into their hearts. When you become this new creation, you will feel the presence of Jesus with you, everywhere you go and in whatever you do. The old habits and lifestyle doesn't seem important anymore, as it is replaced with a newness of life, as your thoughts are no longer on the earthly things, but on the things above.

No comments:

Post a Comment