Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Save Your Family

Save Your Family

"When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted."
Psalm 138:3

I have a tremendous desire to see all people come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior, but I really get excited when I am able to lead a family member to Christ. I had the opportunity about two years ago to lead my first cousin and her husband to Jesus, and even got to baptize them, which made the occasion even more special. I believe this is probably one of the strongest desires that any Christian can have. Family should be important to everyone, and being able to minister to them, and lead them to Christ should make it more special. I realize that sometimes it is more difficult to minister to your own relatives, than it is to others, but I would like to challenge you today to look for members of your family and other close relatives that do not know Jesus. Spend time with them in whatever setting you can find, and tell them your own story of how you asked Jesus to come into your heart, and the difference it has made in your life. Tell them about the peace and joy that knowing where you will spend all your eternity is like. Tell them how your life has been changed, and that when you have trials and troubles, how God has given you faith and trust to deal with them. Tell them how you used to depend upon yourself to deal with all the issues of life, and now how you can depend upon God to provide all the answers. They probably knew what you were like before you were born again, and they should be able to see the kind of person you are now, but just telling them your story may be the final piece of the puzzle to bring them to Christ. Tell them about Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment